- Two-year (4 semesters) cycle of full-time master’s degree studies offered to students holding a Bachelor’s or a Master’s (or equivalent) degree in any field of study (incl. arts, sciences, engineering);
- Interdisciplinary approach offers exceptional conditions for ambitious students interested in further development in the domain of social sciences;
- Offered entirely in English, It is an opportunity to gain knowledge, skills and competencies in the field of politics, diplomacy, international relations, security and selected aspects of international law.
Studying International Politics and Diplomacy in full-time studies formula
students follow four different thematic modules where in each semester thoughtfully selected classes cover the main topic of a given module. We believe that this innovative approach to creating curriculum positively distinguishes our program from others.
(Year 1 – Winter semester)
in European Perspective
(Year 1 – Spring semester)
in Security Sphere
(Year 2 – Winter semester)
(Year 2 – Spring semester)
and Diplomacy in Practice
Detailed study program
Why is the International Politics and Diplomacy worth your time?
- Interdisciplinary approach to the topics of international relations, politics, security and select aspects of international law (e.g. humanitarian law, diplomatic law);
- Discussions focused only on contemporary challenges, such as: cybersecurity, climate negotiations, military relations and strategic partnerships;
- Studies at one of the best universities in Poland, awarded the research university title;
- Studies at Faculty of Politics Science and Security Studies of Nicolaus Copernicus University, which obtained ministerial scientific category “A” in two evaluation cycles in a row;
- Completing full time master degree programe boost command of the English language to proficiency;
- A great idea for ambitious students looking for opportunities to study contemporary, relevant topics – also as a second field of study;
- Studying International Politics and Diplomacy you are eligible to apply for all scholarships offered to students of Nicolaus Copernicus University;
- We offer student exchange opportunities (e.g. under ERASMUS + programme). Faculty of Politics Science and Security Studies has signed international agreements with over sixty universities!
International formula of the studies
International Politics and Diplomacy studies are simultaneously offered to international students. Thus, Polish students will have ongoing contact with their foreign colleagues. Such multinational participation in all activities will result in more interesting, multi-faceted and lively exchange of knowledge, thoughts and views.
What can you do as holder of the degree?
Graduates of the International Relations and Diplomacy will be prepared to work:
- for national governmental agencies and bodies, both at home and in their international offices;
- at institutions and private companies in the sphere of security;
- for non-governmental institutions, foundations and associations (NGO sphere);
- for international organisations;
- at think tanks focused on current analysis of the changing political environment from an international relations perspective and as analysts of political/geopolitical conditions;
- in the media as commenters on phenomena and processes observable in politics, security and international relations;
- in international corporations (in particular in planning and development departments, in communications).
Graduates are also eligible to pursue doctoral degree studies.
Admission process, costs and useful information
Further information can be obtained from
Ms Oliwia Dobrowolska, M.A.
Faculty of Politics Science and Security Studies NCU
Phone: +48 56 611 21 13